Robert P. Niedbalski, DO, FISHRS | USA
Dr. Robert Niedbalski has been diagnosing and treating patients with hair loss for more than 25 years and a leading authority on the latest breakthroughs in hair restoration – such as ACell, AmnioFix, PRP, and stem cell therapy, he enjoys a reputation of excellence and integrity among patients and peers alike.
A graduate of Michigan State University, Dr. Niedbalski holds a doctorate in osteopathic medicine and practiced for 15 years as a board-certified family physician before specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss disorders. He earned his board certification in hair restoration surgery in 2002.
After working for a corporate hair restoration business for several years, Dr. Niedbalski founded Northwest Hair Restoration in 2009. His goal was to develop a patient-centered rather than corporate-centered treatment center for people with hair loss.
Dr. Niedbalski is a leading researcher in the application of ACell + PRP to protect and renew miniaturized hair follicles. He is also involved as a researcher in two NIH studies looking at tissue regeneration and hair multiplication using stem cells. An avid proponent of hair conservation, Dr. Niedbalski has developed ACell + PRP and (newer) AmnioFix protocols that prevent hair loss and minimize the reliance on hair restoration surgery.
Training physicians in the technical and aesthetic aspects of hair restoration has been a passion throughout Dr. Niedbalski’s career. Medical students, residents, and practicing physicians have benefited from his instruction as faculty for numerous workshops and courses.
Dr. Niedbalski is the past president of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS), the only certifying organization for hair transplant doctors worldwide, and he has been an examiner and member of its exam writing committee since 2008.
Since 2002, he has also been involved with the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) Fellowship Training Program as a program director, committee member, and former chairman. He also serves as a faculty member for the ISHRS advanced review course, and he co-authored “Core Competencies for Hair Restoration Surgeons Recommended by the ISHRS,” as published in the journal Dermatologic Surgery.
Dr. Niedbalski and the Northwest Hair Restoration team enjoy supporting both local and national non-profit organizations, including Northwest Harvest, which supports food banks in Washington State; American Heart Association; and St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery since 2002
- Diplomate of the American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians since 1995
- Professional Affiliations
- International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Osteopathic Family Practitioners
- Washington Osteopathic Medical Association
- Washington State Medical Society
- General Surgery Residency, Pontiac Osteopathic Hospital, Pontiac, MI
- Rotating Internship, Detroit Osteopathic and Bi-County Community Hospitals, Detroit, MI
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Michigan State University, Lansing, MI
- Bachelor of Science, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Platelet-Rich Plasma as a Treatment for Androgenetic Alopecia. Gupta AK, Cole J, Deutsch DP, Everts PA, Niedbalski RP, Panchaprateep R, Rinaldi F, Rose PT, Sinclair R, Vogel JE, Welter RJ, Zufelt MD, Puig CJ. Dermatol Surg. 2019 Oct;45(10):1262-1273.
- Regenerative Medicine Techniques, chapter 21 in Hair Transplant 360 (For Physicians), Volume 4. New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers; 2016: 367-381.
- Temporo-Parieto-Occipital Flap Repair, chapter 55 in Hair Transplant 360: Advances, Techniques, Business Development & Global Perspectives, Vol. 3, pp. 683-699, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers, 2014
- Complications in Hair Restoration Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, 21 (2009) 119-148.
- Core Competencies for Hair Restoration Surgeons Recommended by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, Dermatologic Surgery, vol. 35, no. 3, pp. 425-428, 2009