Paul T. Rose, MD, JD, FISHRS | USA
Dr. Paul Rose has over 20 years of experience in hair restoration and is recognized internationally for achieving natural hair transplantation results. He is Past President and Board Member of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery and has served as a trustee of the Hair Foundation, American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery and the Cosmetic Surgery Foundation.
Dr. Rose is certified by the American Board of Dermatology and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. He has served on the clinical faculty of the University of South Florida.
He is active in hair loss research and has published numerous articles on medical and surgical hair restoration. Dr. Rose developed the “ledge” trichophytic closure technique which minimizes donor scars by directing hair to grow through the line where the donor strip was taken.
He is a recipient of the ISHRS Golden Follicle Award presented for outstanding and significant clinical contributions to the field of hair restoration.
- Alpha Ð1 antitrypsin Pi types, Brooklyn Jewish Hospital, Brooklyn, New York, New York Lung Association Research Grant 1975
- Mechanisms of Differentiation and Heterochromatization in Mealy Bug Germinal Tissue, SUNY at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York 1977
- T cell Migration Patterns in Lymph Node Post Capillary Venules, Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, New York, Student Research Grant 1978
- Histamine Influence on T cells, Johns Hopkins Medical Center Good Samaritan Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland 1978
- Selected for Student Elective at the National Institute of Health. Immunology Section, International Society of Hair, Bethesda, Maryland 1978
International Scientific Publications
- Considerations for FIT, FIT-FUT Workshop – My Approach to FIT, Scalp Dermatology-NON SCARRING Alopecia.
- Presented at the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada
- FIT Problems and Solutions- The LEDGE Donor Closure Technique. Presented at the European Society Hair Restoration Surgery, Brussels, Belgium
- An Approach to “FIT”. Presented at the Italian Society of Hair Restoration, Torino, Italy
- Apoptosis and Androgenetic Alopecia. Presented at the International Society of Hair Replacement Surgery, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
- Live Surgery- Follicular Unit Grafting. Presented in Orlando, Florida